To provide halal meat that is affordable, clearly labeled, and transparent to the customer. We maintain our relationships with our customers are based on the Islamic ideas of transparency and fairness.
To sell hand slaughtered, non-stunned, halal meat to a Muslim and non-Muslim community that is well versed in the nuances of halal slaughter, and the impact it has on our food and ultimately our health.
Our goal is to have a product that is verified as halal and proven to follow all the rites of slaughter our customers ask for. We aim to follow the Hadith of the Prophet Mohamed SAAWS “Allah SWT has decreed that whatever is to be done should be perfect and sublime. Hence, when you kill, kill well; and when you slaughter, slaughter well; sharpen your blade and handle with kindness that which you slaughter.”
American Halal Meat is the only a wholesale halal meat distributor that deals exclusively in halal meats in the DC, Baltimore, and Richmond metropolitan areas. Since 1989 we have served the Muslim community with halal meat they can trust and set the standard for halal slaughter in the community.
Our goal is to make it easy for customers to access halal meat that is clearly 100% halal with no question. As the Muslim population grows, we aim to systemize the process of labeling to distribute halal product that our customers can be sure fall under accepted Islamic guidelines of humane, sanitary slaughter.
Halal rearing of animals
- The animal has a clean place to live.
- Housing structures are maintained and well built.
- Food is provided in containers regularly sanitized and maintained.
- The animal has enough room to move around in the area they live.
- The animal is not hit, tortured, or dismembered at all.
- The animal is treated during illness until it either dies on its own (and is then condemned and not slaughtered) or is healthy enough for slaughter.
- The animal is given a clean vegetarian diet, with no animal byproducts or harmful chemicals added.
- They must be transported in spacious, clean, and safe trailers.
- They must be well fed and watered once they arrive at the slaughterhouse. Slaughter cannot occur while the animal is still recovering from transport.
- Handlers may not beat, hit, kick, or harm or stress the animal in anyway during transport.
- Slaughter men must use an exceptionally sharp knife that is not made from bones or claws.
- Animal may not see any other slaughter before its own.
- Hoisting can only occur after the animal has lost consciousness.
- Animal must walk to the killing floor at its own free will. It may not be dragged, pressed or squeezed. Slaughterhouses must maintain the animal’s low stress levels until the moment of the cut.
- The knife must cut the skin, esophagus, trachea, jugular veins, and two arteries, without cutting the spinal cord.
- The cut must be done across the neck, vertically so that it cuts all of the above.
We are located right behind the Newington Costco, on the corner of Boundiont and Fullerton Rd. in Springfield, Virginia.
Mon.-Thur.: 7 am - 2 pm
Fri.: 7 am - 12:30 pm
Sat: 7 am - 2 pm